There's some talk going on about holiday indulgences. I'd like to offer up some personal family evidence of gluttony. My Mom is probably the most self-limiting eater I know of. Growing up, all I ever remember seeing her eat for dinner was salad, she uses spray butter on her toast, she never eats french fries, the list goes on. But, when it comes to ice cream, this woman can seriosly pack it in. Particuarily if it is her all time favorite Swiss Milk Chocolate ice crea
m from Fenton's Creamery. There are legends that date back to the early 70's of her consuming large ammounts of the stuff. Fenton's just opened a location at the Nut Tree in Vacaville where we were visiting last week. She and my Dad downed the special banana split together and then my Mom polished off a small sundae. (It was by no means small.) There only two other people that I think could be contenders in eating my Mom under the table in the ice cream category. One of them is an old friend Tracy who used to frequent our Heidi's/Swensen's and the other one, well let's just say, you'd never guess by looking at her. You know who you are...
(P.S. Mom ate nothing else this day.)
3 comments:
Yummy! I wish I could have been there to see the ice-cream showdown. Okay, let's be honest I just wish I was there to join her (probably not as much as Melissa...hee hee). Your blog looks great!
I have a feeling that I may be the one you are talking about who can eat ice cream like no one else. I will challenge anyone, even your mother, to an ice cream eating contest (it would be no contest, I am a shoe in). My problem is that unlike your mother I eat all the other food first and then the ice cream. I have yet to limit my food intake for my ice cream, as Sunshine says ice cream just fills in the cracks. It can be eaten on a full stomach! You have no idea how difficult it is to read your blog on fast Sunday!
I am sure your mom loves that you posted all those pictures of her eating that mountain of gooey sweetness! It totally makes me hungry!
Post a Comment