Sunday, January 20, 2008

Planning for James' upcoming birthday has given me cause to reflect on the years past. I love birthdays and especially love birthday parties. Here's a walk down memory lane... Here's where it all began: February 3, 2000. (We had no idea of the crazy ride ahead!)
1st Birthday-James was fascinated with trucks. We had a truck party at Lake Poway.
2nd Birthday- Enjoying a little cake..
3rd Birthday- This is the year of Larry Boy. We had a small get together at Chuck E. Cheese. This was a really fun cake to make. I love little Brooke!
4th Birthday- Superman Year.
We were totally into this one. Marianne made all the kids capes for prizes. We even got Granny and Grandpa to wear Superman shirts!
5th Birthday- This is the year we let James pick between a party and going to Disneyland. Since his birthday is in February, he hadn't been to a friend's birthday party in a couple of months and he of course he took the Disneyland route. By May, when the birthday season is in full swing, he complained about how he lost out on a party for his birthday. Oh well, he had a blast on the day of!
6th Birthday- Back to the themed party route. This year was the Willy Wonka party, definietly my favorite. I had a blast with this one. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the choclate river, the pin the googles on the oompa loompa game, the cool lollipop table decorations, the golden ticket invites, the charater goody bags, the list goes on.....

7th Birthday- The karate party. This year we went to the karate studio for fun. James loved having all his friends there and demonstrating his skills. Sansei Brian and Sansei Kristin kept the kids busy and they had a great time. My house also stayed clean! This cake turned out cool.


So, now it's on to planning for this year. What will it be? Hold on to your seats because it's going to rock!!

8 comments:

3WimmerBoys said...

I love the trip down memory lane. James is one great kid-Jacob adores him and so do we!

ferntyler said...

That is so awesome! I can't believe you found pictures from all his birthdays(even the ones pre-digital camera era). I can't believe how much Brooke and Lauren are alike - maybe it is just because Lauren still wears that outfit Brooke had on! For as much as he has changed, he still just looks like James (and, of course, you and Mark look fabulous, too :))

ferntyler said...

oh yeah, also, we are really OLD!

Jen said...

So sweet! They grow way too fast. You however look exactly the same. I am still traumatized by the time Brennan bit James in nursery and drew blood ;-)

Sunshine said...

That James is one cute kid! Someday he is going to look at these pictures and be so grateful for you. You are such a great MOM!

Browns said...

Too cute, Laura. Sounds like you create some awesome birthday parties! (Your parents are great sports...superman t-shirts? Very cute)

Dad Johnson said...

This is a great memory lane for an awesome young man.

Laura said...

Yipee, I got Dad to comment!!!