

“My darling, … I have known you for a long time … and it has turned out as I had hoped it would. … Now we have grown old together. … And when in some future day the hand of death gently touches one or the other of us, there will be tears, yes, but there will also be a quiet and certain assurance of reunion and eternal companionship.”(a letter written by President Hinckley to his wife after nearly 60 years of marriage)
Gordon Bitner Hinckley
June 23, 1910-January 27, 2008
2 comments:
I thought I had finished crying. . . then I saw your blog.
Thanks for such a beautiful post. I love the letter from President Hinckley.
Thanks for sharing this. I always loved the bond that they shared. My first thought, when I heard that he had passed away, was what a sweet reunion he is having with his sweet wife.
Post a Comment