Friday, January 18, 2008

Busy..Busy...Busy...

This was a busy week for me. I worked three days at Chula Vista, had Thursday off and then worked today at Memorial. I'll work all next week at Memorial for half days. It makes me miss my old life and the everyday things with the kids. This too shall pass! But, I am really enjoying the work I do. It amazes me how at such a young age, I was 18 when I decided to go into Radition Therapy, that I made a career choice that even now, some 15 odd years later, I still really love. The people I work with, specifically the patients I treat, are inspiring and amazing. It makes me so grateful for my good health and the good health of my family.

2 comments:

Julia Godfrey said...

I know you really miss being home with the kids.
I'm sure it's really hard
to go to work and then come home and have anything
left to give your family...
David and I have really appreciated the health care workers that have been kind and caring to us, and who in our moments of need have shown us great compassion...I'm sure that you are such a person to many who find themselves in need of radiation services. They are very lucky to have you!

ferntyler said...

You know I am so jealous that you have such a great skill that you could pick up so quickly in a time of need (not that my option of standing on the corner twirling the signs isn't appealing). You have done such a great job juggling this, though, I still am amazed that you can keep the house clean, the kids fed and happy, and still get quality time in with your kids - its like you are living 2 lives and still doing great at both! (with mark's help, of course :)) AND kept up with your training for the 15k!