Working outside of the home has made me really appreciate the time I do have at home. Some things have seriously gone down the drain, such as the cleanliness and organization in the house, and laundry upkeep. But, the things that really do matter, like spending quality time with the kids have easily been bumped to the top of my to do list. Today was a perfect day off. David was home sick again so I had no real schedule to adhere to. Michelle and I went on a late run with both our double jogger strollers at capacity. We haven't done that in a while. Then I came home and showered, then hung out with Abby and read to her until she wanted to take a nap. Then, I took a nap while David watched tv. I felt kind of guilty about that, but oh well. I'm not going to dwell on that!! It was lucious to nap in the middle of the day. I had the Waldvogel kids over while James went to Cub Scouts. David was thrilled to have Dallin over to play. It was a great afternoon in the backyard. Alec ran soccer training camp for D&D seeing as their first soccer game is tomorrow night. The weather is so nice, I just hung out and watched and did a little weeding.
When I'm around, Abby is so determined to play with me. Today we worked on potty training Dopey. (With Snow White's help, of course.)
We finished out the evening with more reading in Abby's bed. She loves the reading and David even joined in this time.
6 comments:
I LOVE the picture with your feet and the kids playing soccer - that is perfect! I'm hoping that these are the kind of days the kids remember later in life :)
There is seriously nothing better than just throwing the schedule (we are such slaves to the schedules aren't we?) out the window and enjoying the little things about the day! The pic of you reading with the kids is priceless. . . and I loved the feet up on the table--very nice touch!
Glad you are enjoying life!!
Aw. I LOVE perfect days!
Love the toe ring! I too hope that these are the type of days my kids remember. I am still convinced my kids are going to have amnesia of the years before they turn 9...I can hope right???
I am so glad you took such great pictures of your perfect day! Now you have something to look at on one of those less-than-perfect days.
I can totally relate to how you feel. Sometimes it's so easy to take these days for granted, but what a luxury to just hang out with the bunch. I wish we could just freeze frame that time. I love taking naps in the middle of the day, too. I love sleep. I hope you get more of those days....
Post a Comment