We've found a new favorite destination spot here in San Diego. There is a whole dog culture out there that I was totally oblivious to until recently. We have now spent the past two Saturdays at the Dog Beach in Del Mar. It's a fantastic spot to go with the family. If you love dogs, this is the place to be. If you have any aversion to any type of dog running up to you, jumping on you, etc. you should avoid this spot for sure! Oakley was sure he had died and gone to heaven. The combination of water and tennis balls was an absolute delight for him.
He seems to love the social interaction too. (I've decided that he is the dog version of Mark Mendenhall. He loves to greet everyone that crosses his path.)
The kids love this place too. James made a new friend. He commented on how he wishes we had a little dog too. Hmmmmm, what a great idea, we should have thought of that before we got the 90 pound dog!
The rocks are perfect for climbing and the pool was just begging to have "Ariel" jump in.
Wanna join us? I'm sure we'll be there next Saturday too...

5 comments:
Hey, I've been wanting to check out dog beach. We ought to go sometime. Though my dog doesn't like water--is that a problem?
Yeah, the water is sort of a major component of the outing. Maybe he just needs to experience beach water to like it!
Wow...a dog beach. Who knew?
(dog version of Mark totally cracked me up...)
that's what I get for letting my kids stalk blogs with me this morning - lots of "ooh" (for how cute oakley and the little dog are) and as they read an offer to go to dog beach, you can guess what they were asking me next - can we go next week?
hmmm.. only dogs you know and love will jump on you, right? (i'm guessing not)
We are so in! I bet Lucy would love to meet Oakley. Let me know when you are going next and we will try to join you guys.
Post a Comment