
Why I don't fit in at Disneyland:
1. I don't have body piercings
2. I don't have tattoos
3. My kids don't have Mohawks and/or bright colored hair
4. I don't wear Disney apparel
5. I don't look like I was just on Cops and/or out of prison
6. I don't wear jeans half way down my bottom except when I am working in the yard or working in the house.
7. I don't have anything designed by Ed Hardy. Ed Hardy? Who is that guy anyway?
8. I don't own a pair of Mickey Mouse gloves
9. I really miss the People Mover ride. Dang Star Tours!
10. I get frustrated because I can't find all of the hidden Mickeys. I take that back, I don't really care.
Why I like coming to Disneyland:
1. My kids love it
2. I stand out as "different."
3. People watching
4. I really love Mary Poppins. She is just so prim and proper. There is an ugly one that comes out occasionally and I don't appreciate that very much. Laura is, of course, my #1.
5. Can't get a tastier turkey leg anywhere!
6. I still am trying to figure out what animal is Goofy? Dog, Cow, a mix of the two named a Dow or Cog? I think Walt was working on some animal genetics something or other. They still have kennels and a ranch here. Hmmmmm.
7. They haven't taken out the shooting range. However, if tighter gun laws are passed, that may go to.
8. I still haven't been to Club 33 but my hopes are still alive.
9. They attendants have to smile and act like my jokes are funny, even when Laura tells me they aren't.
10. Some foreign tourists don't have space issues and usually end up touching me in line. I kind of like that because it makes me feel closer to the whole world.
2 comments:
looks like fun. i'm planning on going for my birthday in sept. it will be my first time back since the early 80s...i can only imagine the changes. let's hope the boys love it.
I have taken each of my girls there on their 3rd birthday. It is a great place to see with rose colored glasses on. Your posts are insightful. I must say though I had on of my most spiritual moments ever there. It didnt even involve my kids. But it is a magical place.
Post a Comment