Saturday, April 25, 2009

Making it all Fit

Here's my general contractor. He did the demo super fast.

 

 

 
My little painter enjoyed his time on the job. He actually only spent about 2.5 minutes at work, but he left his mark. I cleared out three bags of clothes and I still had plenty left over to pack my new closet. It's made me seriously reconsider the way I look at my wardrobe. Why do I have so much but constantly feel like I have nothing to wear? I think maybe I need to purge a little more frequently. Oh, and I am not going to allow myself any more shoes. I think I have an adequate supply. I know some people might not think that is possible, but for me, I can't take any more and still sleep peacefully at night.

 
Posted by Picasa
 

 
This is my favorite part. I was a little nervous that the dresser in the corner of the closet might not be the best idea, but it's perfect. I put a lamp on top and now it's my accesory station. This part totally makes me happy!

 
Posted by Picasa
So, that's it! I'm so glad I went on the Clutter Diet which inspired me to finally tackle this area of my home that has plagued me for so long. It's actually making me appreciate my home more, particularily our smaller square footage. The more areas that I feel I conquer and gain control over, the more content I become with where we live. It's like a twisted little puzzle and I just made one more piece fall into place. Yipee~!

8 comments:

The Bradley's said...

Wow that is the most organized closet I've ever seen. My question is will it stay that way?

Tina said...

Your closet redo turned out great. Love the accessory station and I think it's easier to find something to wear when you take out all the stuff that you never wear! I bet it makes you so happy every time you open that closet!

Jessica said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I love the feeling when I accomplish these types of projects. Congratulations!

diane said...

Excellent! The accessory station is brilliant. Does you contractor need some work?

I find that even when I have a ton of clothes I always still wear just a small portion of my stuff.

lisset said...

i love it! decluttering is one of my top 5 favorite things to do- it is always so rewarding! love the accessory station, too!

ferntyler said...

again - you have proven your organizing genius - how did you come up with the dresser in the corner idea - brilliant :) looks awesome!

The Family Rasheed said...

that looks really good!

Valerie said...

Fantastic! I love the feeling of organizing . . . I think I will start with a drawer. Where did you put all of your shoes? Did I miss them? Love the storage bins on the top, and the accessory station with lighting included very pretty.