Friday, March 20, 2009

Not Exactly Blog Worthy (Individually) aka Friday Night Stream of Consciousness

 

I've got some random thoughts going on tonight to blog about. I've been on an insatiable organizing kick lately. It started with the bookshelf that was supposed to change my life. I do love the bookshelf and it did give a huge sense of satisfaction to have all of our books in one spot finally. Books were previously scattered in various places throughout the house and garage. So now that they are all corralled in one place it feels wonderful. It also feed up some space in the garage and the hall closet. Unfortunately it took up the space where my dresser used to be. No problem! I've got a solution for that! I bought these:

 
To slide into the shelves of this bookcase on the other side of the room. But, the baskets, although carefully measured, did not fit on the shelves. Then David commandeered them and now I can't get them back. So, what should I do with all my socks, tanks, underwear, workout clothes, pajamas, etc. that were in the old dresser? (which, by the way, has moved into the kid's room closet for Abby's clothes) I think I will forever be dreaming up ways to make all our stuff fit in this house.
 
Posted by Picasa
On a very happy note, the Furminator arrived today. I actually squealed for joy when it arrived. It will (unlike the bookcase) definitely be changing my life for the better. I think that as soon as the dog realized that I was totally in love with him, he decided to shed his entire undercoat. It's like a switch turned two weeks ago and his hair started coming out in globs. I know I have no room to complain about this, seeing as I had been warned this would happen. But, seriously, you can't fully grasp it until you experience it. There is hair everywhere. I sweep a dozen times a day. So, my friends at Petco (we are totally friends now) told me I have to get the Furminator. I found it online for half price and ordered it. He actually really enjoys the deshedding process. That's because he really enjoys anything that involves interacting with any one of us.

 

This picture might be gross to some of you, but it really makes me smile. That's because that is hair that I will not be sweeping up, or vacuuming off my furniture, or picking off my clothes...you get the idea.

 

I'm getting all pumped up for a trip I'll be taking next week. I get to go back east to visit my sister in Connecticut. All three of my sisters will be there, I can't remember the last time we were all together. I'm trying to figure out what to wear since it will be really cold. I'm thinking I really don't have enough sweaters in my closet. Maybe that's because I live in San Diego. These are my two favorites right now. One of my work buddies is going to lend my some hat/scarf/mittens sets. She's super hip so I'm hoping I'll end up looking cute and staying warm. Maybe we'll do some shopping while I'm there, so I can get some seriously cute sweaters (to wear in San Diego).

 
Posted by Picasa
We are going to take a day trip to NYC. I can't wait for that. I can't believe I get to go back again so soon after our last trip. This trip just came together perfectly. Chris was going to be in Baltimore for work and she extended her trip to visit Steff in Connecticut. I mentioned I should come and she encouraged me. Mark let me use his free Southwest ticket. You can't bet a trip for $10! Then Julia decided she'd come up from Alabama to join us. I'm looking forward to some great fun!
 

9 comments:

diane said...

Of course you are welcome to borrow sweaters or jackets from my ridiculous collection. Call if you are interested.

Have a fun sister trip.

tawnya said...

Have a great trip!

Heather said...

ohh Laura - how fun! I love sister trips! They are the best...especially when you haven't been together for a long time!

ferntyler said...

I'm trying not be to grossed out by the hair, but I am glad you got your furminator - that Oakley deserves a good rub down! Diane does have a ridiculous sweater collection...

Browns said...

I was always so envious of you having so many sisters. I love my brothers but it's not the same! What a fantastic trip - have a blast. Now, I have to know where you got those great bookshelves...I could totally use something like that. It seems like we have books coming out our ears.

Holly said...

I also love a good bookshelf. I have double the number of bookshelves that I had in my Waterfield Laurels house and I still think I need more. Can we say "clutter"?

Kim W said...

I have never heard of that dog tool you got. Wild! I am so behind on blog stalking ... you're probably already gone on your trip. I hope you have/had a wonderful time.

3WimmerBoys said...

I have never heard of the Furminator, but that is awesome! That is a huge down side to a dog for me, problem solved! Don't tell my kids, I am not quit ready yet.

Annalisa said...

have fun in nyc...smiles!