Friday, March 6, 2009

Pinewood Derby Blues

I feel alive again! Thanks to the geniuses at the Geek Squad, we are back in business! The ole' computer has been ill for quite some time. It was suffering from a virus that was debilitating. It was slowly sucking the life away from the motherboard. Actually, I really don't understand at all what was wrong with it, but I just know it was getting to be next to impossible to blog or surf the Internet(read blog stalk or shop on the internet). So, after a few days in the computer hospital, we are back up and running. More like sprinting, across the world wide web. I've got some catching up to do, so stick around and browse awhile. I'm sure you've missed us!

 
So, the girls are all stoked for the annual Pinewood Derby. They dressed in their trademark racing stripes.

 

James got to lead the Pledge of Allegiance. He did just fine.

 

The couple that prays together stays together.

 
Posted by Picasa
Abby sure does love her neighbors.
 

This picture pretty much sums up the night. James was quite frustrated with his car's performance. He wasn't last place, but he also wasn't second place, like last year. However, this year's model was all built by James. With minimal parental supervision. Kindof like how it's supposed to be....

 

Too bad we can't see the score sheet.

 
Posted by Picasa

Way to pull through and make a smooth display for the runway.

4 comments:

jessica said...

You snagged some great photos!

Granny and Grandpa said...

We will have to teach him how to wax the wheels and the axles. Love that boy.

The Family Rasheed said...

Oh, how fun! So, sorry that James did not do as well as he wanted, but hey there's always next year. Honestly I secretly fret over pinewood derby days for my boys. I want them to have the best and fastest car there, but I have no idea how to make a derby car. Hopefully I will be able to sit back and let it be my sons adventure and not mine.

diane said...

Did you know he drew a picture of his car for me on the white board when he visited at the hospital.
What a charming son you have. I love that kid.