Sunday, March 8, 2009

Help me, I have Amnesia.

Sometimes I just have to stop and reflect. Right now I am totally realizing that I have short term memory loss. You see, today I took both boys over to sign them up for Pop Warner football. I know, it's only March 8th. Football juat ended last November. It really hasn't been that long since I was complaining about how much time and control football had over our lives! And here I am on a beautiful spring day signing up not one, but two boys. Seriously, what is wrong with me? Hmmm, I'm going to search back in some pictures to give me a clue.
 
Clearly, I'm a sucker for a uniform.

 

 
Long hours spent sitting at pratices in lawn chairs, that's good fun, right? (Friends and Soda required.)

 
Posted by Picasa
I'm a total sap when it comes to celebratory huddles. And motivational/inspirational/pregame huddles, oh my, don't even get me started. There's something about a team huddled gathered tight around their coach that brings me back everytime. I'm just not going to complain about it this season, I'm going to love it and embrace every minute of it! (Don't let me forget that, ok?)

6 comments:

Browns said...

I think it's the uniform...that will do it to a girl! Ha ha...I wish we had football available to our boys in our area! They would LOVE to play! Besides, they are only young once, right? We are gearing up for baseball, karate, and soccer....*sigh*...boys.

3WimmerBoys said...

I was going to call to ask if you ended up signing James up. You have amnesia because he know it's going to be a blast next season. I can't wait!

Heather said...

Oh.. we are in the exact same boat - but with swimming and softball, choir and piano - I literally live in the car or in a beach chair! We do it for the kids, right?

ferntyler said...

I'm almost a little jealous - games can be so fun to watch! maybe it's like having a baby you have to block out the previous year in order to commit to another one :)

lisset said...

it is true- football takes up your life, but it creates such fond memories. i'll never forget all those nights, mornings, afternoons, weekends... at the field.

The Family Rasheed said...

Football will be soo much fun! I love seeing your boys in sports. It makes me excited for my boys!