Sunday, October 31, 2010
We Party!
The best, easiest party we have ever had took place on Friday afternoon. David chose to have a Wii party and it was the best!! When I say "the best" I mean the best party ever to organize! It was super easy. My favorite parts were the invitation that my fantastically talented friend, Maren, whipped up for me, and the Wii cake. It was my first time working with fondant and it was super fun. Thanks to Michelle for the recipe and lots of encouragement!
We had three Wii stations setup, two in the playroom and one inside. The kids split into groups of four and rotated to the three spots to play Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and my personal favorite, Just Dance. The boys just played while we sat back and relaxed. It was so fantastic! No entertaining required!
We had pizza outside and then played one game of donut on a string. It was a blast and even we adults took a turn.
Oakley thought it was the best game ever. He was super helpful with cleanup....
#32 actually lost his front tooth during the game. He came up to me a few seconds after and asked me, with a bloody grin, where his tooth went. Hmmmm, either he swallowed it or my clean-up helper swallowed it. I guess we'll never know!
Here's David blowing out the 8 candles. He also helped me make little Mii's for each of his friends. It was fun to have him personalize each of his friends and get all the little details right. I sent the party goers home with little Wii remotes that I made out of card stock and filled with Skittles. I wish I'd taken a picture of it because they turned out really cute too. Oh well!
We'll have to do a Wii party again, maybe next time for adults only!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
How clever! David is lucky to have such a cool Mom!! Happy Birthday!
that cake is amazing. good work ladies!
Youn are so creative. Job well done
I love Wii party idea! Way cool.
That is an awesome cake...nicely done!
WHATTT? Can I hire you for Parker's birthday? How cute - that cake is a-mazing!!! and don't u love a party that u don't have to work at?
Post a Comment