Thursday, October 28, 2010

David's 8

David turned 8 years old today! I can't believe how time has flown. He has always seemed like an older kid to me, I always expect him to do more and faster than I ever did with James. I guess that's the curse of being the second child! He wanted to celebrate his birthday at Outback Steakhouse since steak is his favorite dinner. Granny and Grnadpa joined us and it was a really good time.
 
G&G gave David his Cub Scout shirt. He was so excited! He's really motivated about Cub Scouts now. He even started working on his Bobcat right away at the dinner table. Gotta love that focus!
 
We also gave him a Lego set that he's been asking for. Actually, he registered himself at Target and that was at the top of his list. The birthday list at Target is a brillant idea, if I do say so myself!
 
David has the best hugs of anyone. He has so much love to give, it's just bursting at his seams. He is smart and funny, intense and focused. He is such a joy to have in our family. I love him so much! I'm so excited for his upcoming baptism. He is really prepared and ready to take this step. I'm so proud of him!!
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet is that! Happy Birthday Dave! We love you!

The Bradley's said...

Happy birthday David!

Bryn said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

jessica said...

Happy birthday, David!!..Outback is a fantastic choice:)