Monday, October 11, 2010

Coach Dave

David has decided that he just may enjoy coaching better than playing. He came to me with an idea. He wanted to start a football camp. With that, he headed out the front door. I slowed him down and told him I'd go with him, door to door, to recruit players. Unfortunately, our neighborhood is short on boys aged 4-6 years. At least ones whose mothers will answer the door to a stranger. So, he moved on to phase two of recruiting, which involved making some phone calls to friends. Before we knew it, he had 3 solid takers. And so, football camp was born.

 
Posted by Picasa

All he needed was a clipboard and some willing recruits to make the team a success. They are really shaping up quite well. David is quite proud of his boys...

4 comments:

Browns said...

That is SO cute! What an ingenious little boy. And you are fabulous for supporting him and his ideas!

jessica said...

AAGGHH! I'm sorry! I keep forgetting. Let me know if he decides to keep going. Hudson would be some fresh blood:)

Conradi Crew said...

This is so adorable! Oh David cracks me up, he is so funny! I love all those pictures, what a great coach! :)

Mommy Kiwi said...

This is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time! I need to get David's autograph NOW - one day it will be worth millions (and I'll be the only one that has it from when he was just starting out!)! Give everyone hugs and kisses from Auntie Kim!