Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pick Your Battle

The Mormon Battalion Visitor's Center was the next stop on our Spring Break in San Diego tour. The newly renovated center reopened in February, and it is really fantastic. They totally captured the kid's attention. I mean, you can't go wrong when there's actual muskets to try out! These boys look fierce!

 
David was chosen to model the soldier's gear. He was the perfect choice, considering his passion for uniforms of any kind!

 
Oh my! Watch out for this guy!

 
Panning for gold was a highlight. It was such a beautiful day, the sunlight helped us find sparkly gold pieces.

 
Posted by Picasa
 
James loved the hand water pump. He made sure everyone got a chance to take a sip, because of course the water was drinkable. (He double checked.)

 
We walked over to the Whaley House because some of the kids wanted to see the "haunted house". Some of the kids really did not want to see the "scary house" (Abby) so we decided to save that visit for another time. What good quality ghost would come out during the day when there are visitors around anyways?! (That's what I said) The older boys weren't too happy about that one. OH well!

 
My kids and I finished up with a trip to Rubio's. It kindof looks like Abby's nose is about to be poked in this picture, but she did just fine. I really love yummy Rubio's, I even got a fish taco today which I hardly ever do. I needed the extra protein for my soccer game tonight. That was my excuse anyway.

 
Posted by Picasa
Soccer was fun too. It's fun to be back playing on the big field. Even more fun was the traditional trip to Golden Spoon afterwards. Love it!

4 comments:

Heather said...

We need to make a trip to the Mormon batallion - I have heard that it is so cool now that they have changed it! looks like your kiddies had fun!

jessica said...

We've been meaning to take a trip there as well. I guess we'll have to add that to the list.

3WimmerBoys said...

That was a fun stop, awesome idea. Zane looks like he really might kill someone with that sword.

Annalisa said...

looks like a great trip.