Mark planned a really fun Family Home Evening this week. He helped the kids plant seeds and talked about the responsibility of taking care of something. On another note and ironically enough, our beta fish died this week also. We are presuming he died of old age and not of neglect.
This week we participated in the Cub Scout bike rodeo. The lineup was impressive. James was rearing to go. He's #2.
There was a little chain mishap with James' bike. Thankfully, Sister Meeks was there to save the day and instruct the boys in some basic bike repair.
The girls weren't about to miss out on the fun. Abby is really getting into ride her bike recently. She and Lindsay both rode circles around the church parking lot the entire time. It makes me think I've got to take her out bike riding around the neighborhood more often.
Abby and I picked up a few items at Ikea today. We were both initially disappointed to find out the play area for kid's was closed due to the "swine influenza outbreak" (don't even get me started) but it all worked out for the best. Abby helped me pick out this new table for our playroom. I love it!
How about these little glasses? They are perfect miniature plastic versions of the real thing. We spent lots of time this afternoon sipping from these beauties.
We finished up the afternoon at the pool. It was a beautiful afternoon and the kids had fun splashing around. The older kids even did their laps. I love this picture of Abby and Lauren.
The kids were starving and that's the perfect way to end up at Souplantation. David's look here is classic, gotta get one more bite in!

6 comments:
That Bike Rodeo looks fun! I love the title with the B's then the big "B" in the first picture - talk about tying it in! cute pics :)
I love the table and stools - Sammy has one of those stools and it now goes everywhere with him around the house so "he can see"!
That table and chairs are great!
I was laughing about your beta - we have one that must be at least four years old - half the time I don't even remember to feed the poor guy! They live for a long time!
Busy week! The swine flu thing is hilarious, I think we have had about 10 different illnesses in our house the last week, none of which have been swine flu! It is a good thing that girl likes to shop!
Bkes, swimming, and soup plantation make for a good post!!! I too like that pic of Lauren and Abby!
The play room looks super cute! Just the beginning of many great mother/daughter shopping extravaganzas!
Post a Comment