Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Face the Fear

I recently read somewhere (Ok, it was on Clutter Diet) that if you make yourself accountable for something by posting it (i.e.telling other people you're going to do it), you are 90% less likely to procrastinate accomplishing the task. So, I'm going to test the theory today. Here I go:

 
Posted by Picasa
I have an irrational fear of these pants. They have sat in my closet for over three weeks now with the tags on.
Reasons I shouldn't wear these pants:
1. They're white.
2. I will ruin them with an awful stain, make that numerous irremovable stains, within the first ten minutes of wearing them.
3. White pants make me look fat. (I've held this idea in my mind since the 6th grade.)
4. I'm already feeling fat today.

Reasons I should wear these pants:
1. It's going to be 80 degrees today.
2. The pants themselves look really cute on me. (Hard to admit, but true.)
3. I'm not really fat.

Alright, I've convinced myself, here I go....

11 comments:

Browns said...

well you can't post something like that and then not show a picture of yourself in the pants, silly. And no...you are NOT fat.

tawnya said...

Super cute! (but I hear you on the white...they scare me too!)

Kim W said...

I hope you wore them today. I have yet to see you in anything that would remotely make you look fat! Show the pix. :)

lisset said...

white also make you look tanner. go for it!

ferntyler said...

those are totally you! In fact, I thought you had a pair of pants like that? I agree, that you can't post this post without then posting a picture of you in the pants :)

diane said...

Two words...bleach pen.

It is a must have with white pants which I happen to love.

The Bradley's said...

I want to see the picture of you in them. I'm sure they looked fabulous on like everything else you wear.

jessica said...

You've got to embrace it. My white pants never last as long as the other ones due to stains, but they sure are fun to wear while they last.

The Family Rasheed said...

You know, I used to think I couldn't wear white with kids, then I tried it and it's not that bad. Just keep your children at arms length all day!!!!

Valerie said...

White is actually not too different from a light tan, only you can bleach the white!! I agree with "+L", they also can make you look tanner. I do recall you getting nervous even when I have worn mine. You will learn to love the white!

3WimmerBoys said...

White pants are one of my biggest fears. You have to be careful about where you are going on the day you wear them. No park, no kids parties, in fact it's better if no kids are around you the day you wear the white pants. They will, no matter what have to be washed, it's a sad fact. Maybe you should save them for our next cruise!