Saturday, April 4, 2009

Priesthood Prep 2

I love the semi-annual tradition we've got going where the ladies get together while the boys go to the Priesthood Session of General Conference. We all gather at someone's house with our takeout food and our kids and we sit and chat the evening away. The kids bond over war games. The women bond over chick chat.
 
I can just picture this group years down the road. (Look closely and you'll see eight heads in there, all gathered around one game, two controllers. Times like this I'm grateful for our retro big screen tv!) We're raising boys who will, all too soon, be men. I'm so glad my boys have their Dad, Granpa, uncles and close friends Dads to look up to and follow in their footsteps.

 
Posted by Picasa
(We missed Sushine, Michelle and Heidi this time around. There's always October!)

4 comments:

tawnya said...

What a fun tradition!

Kim W said...

No kidding! I want an invite to that shin-dig next time. Ha!

Browns said...

Ha Ha. I thought we were the only people left on the planet that had a big-screen that couldn't mount on a wall. I think I'll start calling ours retro also...sounds better than "old". Lol.

The Family Rasheed said...

Again, I miss this activity also! We are gonna have to plan a trip down there this summer!