Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Counting Calories

I haven't had time to blog since I went on my clutter diet. It's consuming my every waking moment. (Other than the moments where I'm doing laundry, being a fabulous mother and wife, etc..) I'm just brave enough to share a photo of my current project.
Ok, here I go. This is my closet.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Gulp. Ok, so it's pretty bad. But, tonight we started the project. I emptied the closet, Mark demolished the shelf and rod and patched up the holes. Tomorrow I'm painting the inside of my closet. After that, Mark will be installing double rods and a shelf for me. I was spoiled with a walk-in closet as a teenager and I have lived in deprivation for my adult years. Now I've decided to fully embrace my lack of a walk-in closet and face it straight on. (I have to face it that way because I can't turn around in it.)

P.S. Let me explain the tv in the closet. It's a dumb idea and it only serves as a symbol of our family's unhealthy television attachment disorder. It's been relegated to the playroom. But really, isn't there somebody out there that needs a tv that I can give it to? Clearly I have issues with getting rid of a functioning television. Help me!

13 comments:

tawnya said...

I MISS my walk in from San Diego so badly. It was so big and organzied! My stand alone wardrobe here just isn't the same...

Can't wait for after pics!

Kim W said...

What a great sense of accomplishment after a big project like that. Way to go!

Heather said...

Laura - You are one brave girl! I could never show the mess that is my closet!
And wow! Mark is super handy man! I can't wait to see your after shots!

Sandy said...

I feel your pain! I just went through my closet with John on Tuesday in preparation to pack. I didn't even know I had so much stuff I didn't need. :)

The only thing I can think of to do is garage sale all my old tv's. Any electronic item always gets snatched up quickly by the swap meet people. The neighborhood sale is only three weeks away!

Browns said...

Oh my goodness...your closet looks like you have OCD compared to mine!!! What I want to know is where you got the frames on the floor just outside your closet...the ones for the years of school?

The Family Rasheed said...

I love these projects! I love organizing! Keeping thing organized is what I am not good at. Way too go!
p.s. why be ashamed of a messy closet? We ALL have at least one!

jessica said...

Painting the closet...you could go wild with color and not even blink...very fun! There may be some teenager out there somewhere wishing they a had a TV in their room. That is what we did with ours:)

Melanie said...

Great project! I hope you post the "after" pics.

Sadly, I have a walk in closet, but it just gives me more room for clutter. And I refuse to post a picture of mine!

diane said...

I guess you have to make room for all of your shoes.

It doesn't look that bad to me. Probably because I have some closets that look worse.

ferntyler said...

A fresh coat of paint and some new organization will be sweet but I did so love that tv in there (if only for originality's sake).

Dana Fallentine said...

You have inspired me!

Annalisa said...

lol, the tv is hilarious only be cause we had a non-functioning tv on our dresser for two years before we finally got one of those free disposal tickets and finally parted with it. the closet is going to look good. smiles!!

3WimmerBoys said...

Just be glad you have a husband who can install double rods and a shelf. I find I am ALWAYS trying to make more space in these San Diego houses. I need a basement.