Sunday, October 12, 2008

Part Martha, Part Shamu

I'm on a frosting kick this week. I borrowed my Mom's "vintage" frosting tip kit and started on my quest to become "The Cupcake Lady". I know there are lots of cupcake enthusiasts out there, but I am campaigning to be the cupcake queen of my zip code, ok maybe just my neighborhood. So, I made these cupcakes from scratch, I've been a box cake addict up to this point. Then I started practicing with Mom's Wilton tips and some pink butter cream frosting. It turned out pretty good for my first time. It will definitely require practice.
 

Liz and I took some instruction from Gigi on cookie frosting. We did some Halloween cookies that tunred out very cute.

 

On Thursday, I decided to take Abby to Sea World without the distraction of older siblings. Lauren and Michelle joined us and we had quite a blast.

 

All Abby really wanted was to see Shamu. Here she is doing the Shamu clap. It was so fun to spend time with her and be able to enjoy her one on one. We both crashed and power napped when we got home.

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Heather said...

Your cookies look so cute - I have the same ones in a jar on my island in the kitchen.
Those cupcakes look yummy - Miss Cupcake Queen!:0)

ferntyler said...

ok, I give in (and i'm pretty sure no one else in the neighborhood is interested in the distinction).. by the way, my kids described your cookies as "they taste good - and they look like the ones you can buy at the store" and these guys know cookies, so you must be good!

diane said...

I need to try your cupcakes.

The girls are darling. How fun to have a little girl time.

Browns said...

Isn't it so much more rewarding when you make them from scratch? When you graduate to frosting roses I'll really be impressed! Looks yum, yum, yum. And I'm so jealous that you can just head to Sea World for the day. Our's is a 4 hour drive :(

Kim W said...

With cupcakes like that, you'll be the handout queen and the treat queen in YW. The competition is OVER! :-)