Monday, October 13, 2008

Confessions of a Guilty Mother

I survived another work week(barely) with minimal scarring. This work week(for me that's Monday and Tuesday) left me totally drained professionally and personally. What is it with this working Mom thing? It is not easy! My guilt for disappointing my children with my late arrival home was bordering on overwhelming last night so I "rewarded" the children with a trip to Blockbuster to rent "Jumanji"-(the movie whose arrival James has been anxiously awaiting from Netflix, due to arrive on Monday, except for a minor unforeseen glitch with no mail delivery on Monday due to Columbus Day, which in turn warranted said trip to Blockbuster). You get my drift??Then I fixed a gourmet, nutrient rich meal of chicken dinosaurs and apple slices and set up the Mendenhall family theatre in the bottom bunk. Can you say Mother of the Year?! Well, at least my fans were impressed.

 

Then, time for Mom to snuggle into bed with a nice big fro yo, diet cherry cola and a magazine. I hope I remember these days when I'm an old lady.... I have a feeling they won't let me forget!

 
Posted by Picasa
P.S. Jumanji arrived in the mail today from Netflix so now I've got an extra copy until Saturday if anyone's dying to see it... (heeheehee)

12 comments:

ferntyler said...

hey, you included apple slices, and you didn't force them to eat chicken pot pie - you're an awesome mom!

Heather said...

Hey girl - We are living the same lives - different zip codes! Our dinner as of late has been anything processed minus the fruit! (Don't tell anyone I said that)Some days it is what it is!
I will for sure read about Mark and the Lark? - I have sooooo much time on my hands as of late! :0)

Browns said...

That's too funny...the guilt must be going around - I had a similar "confession" post yesterday too...
At least you haven't had to go back to working 5 days a week, huh?

tawnya said...

Does it make you feel better to know that my days are a lot the same...minus the working; plus making the hubby take care of dinner? Yeah, you may have some competition for that motherhood of the year award...

Drago Family said...

Laura,
It's been too long. I can't believe how big the kids are. I remember your first baby shower. Thanks for sharing. You're family is beautiful. Love, Sarah

3WimmerBoys said...

I think these are the kinds of nights the kids will remember fondly. Did your mom ever let you eat your favorite meal, in bed, while watching a movie, on a school night?? I would have to say you are one cool mom!

Rachel said...

By the way, I love love love love your new family picture. =)

Melanie said...

You are a great Mom Laura. My kids would be very jealous! I'd take you up on the offer to borrow Jumanji, but that movie scares me!

jessica said...

I think we picked Jumanji up a few years ago for $5. You could have borrowed it!
Ask any kids...there is NOTHING better than getting to eat dinner or snacks in bed with a movie on, come to think of that, I would love having that happen to me, where's Will?

The Family Rasheed said...

i think part of being an awesome mom means giving your kids a fun dinner, not just a healthy one. You are an awesome mom doing what she needs to do. Don't ever feel guilty about that.

Sunshine said...

At least you didn't resort to my quick dinner...hey kids who wants cereal for dinner? You are a fun Mom.

Annalisa said...

agh, my office is filled with pictures of my family, its the only thing that keeps me sane at work. lots and lots of pictures and lots of calling them and blogging on my breaks so i feel connected to them even when i'm gone.