Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July

I realized this morning that the 4th is my favorite holiday. It doesn't get any better than this. Early morning pancake breakfast at the church, the annual Waterfield Laurels parade, a long nap, swimming and food at Mom and Dad's house with the Birds, Tylers and Wimmers, topped off with a double fireworks show viewed from the front lawn on blankets. Seriously, I couldn't ask for anything more. Abby ready for the parade

Lauren and Abby, both almost looking at the camera with smiles...



Peace brother!


Abby and Lauren conversing with the little man.


The rock. The lids love climbing this rock. This time it was Minnie, James and David. This is also the viewing spot for the fireworks show. We could see Poway and Rancho Bernardo shows. RB had the best, hands down.

Granny taught James how to roast the perfect marshmallow, here he is practicing with his buddies.

4 comments:

smiths5 said...

Hey Laura, It's Nichole Smith. THanks for sharing your blog. I laughed out loud at this post...the 4th of July is my favorite holiday too! It's been so long since I have seen James and I think I have only seen David in Xmas cards. I never would have recognized your kids! Where has the time gone??

ferntyler said...

man, i feel like that was seriously 2 months ago - crazy! what a fun day - I can't believe we haven't joined you for the great fireworks watching at your parents before - great times.

The Family Rasheed said...

4th of July is one of my fav holidays too with the most memorable being the one in 2006 when I let yu colo my hair. You did not ruin it, just changed it a bit!

diane said...

I think the girl's were playing Snow White and the little man is one of the dwarfs. So cute!