

Yesterday I agreed to let David use the desk in Abby's room for his own. This began a massive movement. Here's the latest maneuver of David's. He is convinced that he is going to change Abby's whole room into his own. He is "making the girl's room into a boy's room." And he is serious. (He told me exactly like that.) Do I let him do this? The room is technically vacant right now since Abs is in the closet in the boy's room. She's been there ever since Nana came to visit and I've seen no reason to change her back to her room. Maybe that's since it would require disassembling the crib to get it back into her room. So, should I just let him take over her room and officially keep her and James together? Of course this present all sorts of decorating dilemmas. I actually am kind of spurred on by that to be perfectly honest.He's told me that we need to paint the room blue and put some boy pictures on the walls. I told him it's a lot of work to do that and he said it's not work for him. Oh my. Would it be over indulgent to give him his own room? He's the only child in this house that seems to care so deeply about having his own space. As I am writing, he is moving stuff into her room. Maybe the decision is being made for me. At least, I've got to find a way to use this as a bribery tool. Maybe I should make a reward chart and get some really good behavior out of him before he attains the reward. This is how my mind wanders...
Any advice from the pros out there????
7 comments:
He is trading spaces. I love that he has decorating ideas. That boy is determined. It sounds like he's already on the move. I think it's a workable plan.
Oh no no no no no! Little girls need their own space! Maybe you could let him help re-decorate the boys room instead? Create individual spaces in the boys room with dividers like bookcases or something? Don't do it! Don't give in!!!!
ooh, i like that someone in the brown family feels strongly about it - I'm honestly shocked james isn't getting worked up about David getting his own room - brooke would be freaking out! It doesn't ahve to be permanent, right (although paint and pictures would definitely make it seem that way). 3 years from now abs and james will not want to be sharing a room (for either of their sakes)
I say if James and Abby don't mind why not let David have his own space for a while. Eventually though he and James will have to go back to sharing so why not let them have a break. I had to share a room with my sister for 14years and if I had the chance I would have taken my own room even if it was just temporary. Plus I think Abby is too young to care about having her own space right now. Just my opinion.
What a crack up! It sounds like he has been watching a lot of HGTV!
yah, if no one is really hostile about it then go for it. or at least make it a summer move and switch around in the fall.
What did you end up deciding to do about this situation?
Post a Comment