



Today I was in serious need of some happy times. This could possibly be the longest week ever, or maybe I am just suffering massive withdrawls from my #1 man, whose flight home is delayed 3 hours and leaves me with time to post. My day started off very nicely with a thoughtful little treat on my doorstop from a dear friend. James' comment when he realized I had a friend cool enough to buy me gift certificates to MikeyD's-"Mom, you are sooooo lucky to have such great friends!!" (Understatement of the year!) Subtract the middle part of my day and fast forward to 6pm for the next cool part. I took my boys to Open House at school, which proved to be delightful. They were so excited to show me around and tell me about all their school things. James even wanted to show me which restroom he uses daily. They both acted as if I had never set foot on campus before. I'm choosing to feel good about this and look at it as so cute that they are so excited to show me around. (As opposed to adding to my massive guilt about being a very absent mother this school year, I'd never let myself go down that path!!) After the Open House, I treated the boys to a trip to Cheeburger Cheeburger. I let them get whatever they wanted, we all pigged out. The highlight of the evening was going to be getting milkshakes with whipped cream and cherries on top. Believe it or not, they didn't have whipped cream or cherries. Oh well, it was quite wonderful anyways and we were all giddy afterwards. David got a little fresh with Betty Boop. What can I say? We were caught up in the moment I guess!
Update on the playhouse: It's from our local Costco, cost under $300 and it was quite easy to assemble! Well worth the time and $$$
7 comments:
holy cow - I only took one picture of the whole Open House evening. You are such an awesome mom - that looks like a fun night out :)
Yeah for Betty Boop, milkshakes, school bathrooms and great moms like you! You are the cherry on top!
Looks like you had another great time with your wonderful kids. We really miss you all and look forward to giving lots of hugs and kisses next week. We got a good update from Mark on his training trip. Sounds very exciting.
Love ya all.
Having our husbands gone is such a great reminder of how much we do need them in our lives! It sounds like you and the boys had a wonderful evening. I love how excited they were to show you everything!
I'm jealous of 'ol
Ms. Boop. But then,
she's quite a looker.
We all deserve whipped
cream and cherries on top
once in a while.
Glad to see you enjoying
the summer already. There's
plenty of school left to
get caught up in.
Seriously, you are such a fantastic Mom! Your boys will always remember that night. You know your doing something right when your boy's smiles are that big! Good job mama.
Post a Comment