Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Streak Has Ended!

A mere fourteen games into the season and the record has been broken. James had his first hit today!


We have no actual pictures of him at bat, suffice it to say that we stopped taking the camera to games about 5 games ago. We never totally lost hope though!

There's nothing like the joy of getting something you have wanted so bad and waited patiently for.


I don't want to speak too soon, but I sense the tide is turning for the Mendenhalls.....

7 comments:

ferntyler said...

Mark has some serious cartwheel skills! Way to go, James, it's just nice to not have it hanging over his poor head anymore :)

The Family Rasheed said...

How exciting. I am sure the tides are changing!

Annalisa said...

That is so awesome!! Congrats!!

Granny and Grandpa said...

James you are the most awesome player. Hardly anybody gets 2 games balls in one season. I'll bet that if you keep your eyes open you will hit a home run next time.

Love ya Big Guy

P.S. Granny is sending you 25 kisses (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Jen said...

Go James!!! I bet you guys are so proud of him.

Bryn said...

Hooray!!!!! Go James!!!!!

Browns said...

That is so awesome! Way to go James...and not so shabby with the cartwheel Mark!