Apparently charity really does sometimes faileth. We were visitng the Parmleys today and stumbled upon Ethan's homework assignment where he wrote about his experience at our house. Ouch, the sting. I'll share....
" Hello friends. Imagine sleeping in a room with four little kids. They never stop talking so you can’t go to sleep. That was my life for five weeks. The purpose of this speech is to tell you my life living with another family for over a month.
After we sold our house, we lived with the Mendenhall family until our new house was ready. They have three kids all younger than me. James is the oldest and he is seven. David is four and the baby named Abigail is two. They live in a three bedroom house. Five kids had to live in the same bedroom. The bedroom is small. It has two bunk beds which were so close together that you could jump from one bunk to the other. My sister had to sleep in the closet in a crib like a baby.
The next morning I was awakened by screaming kids. When I looked at the clock, it said 4:54 a.m. I was tired and grouchy. This happened every morning I was there. I never got enough sleep. The house was so small that I was never by myself. This was a problem because James followed me wherever I went. It was annoying and made me claustrophobic.
After five long weeks, we finally got to be in our new house. I was glad to have my own room. But more importantly, I was relieved to get away. I don’t think I’ll ever forget living in that house because it was so loud and crowded. One thing I did learn from this experience was that sometimes we have to compromise.
This is a picture of the room I slept in. As you can see, there are two bunk beds close together. What you can’t see is the closet. That is where my sister slept. Because there was no room in the closet, we had to store our clothes under our beds. I slept on the bottom left bunk. Well, I didn’t sleep very much because they were too loud. Thank you for listening to my speech. I hope you enjoyed it.-"
5 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! That is the funniest/saddest thing I have read in a long time. You know that deep down he loved living with you!
yeah, no, I'm pretty sure even deep down he didn't love living with us. Can't please them all!!
Oh, precious Ethan. Hey, not everyone could like it, right? I mean, you can keep some of the people happy some of the time... hilarious!
So funny. What a little stinker! Makes for a funny memory!
Just goes to show you never know what's really going on in their little pumpkin heads.
Post a Comment