a Turkey Trot today. We had planned to race in St. George with the Reeses but when our plans changes we decided to still do the trot with the matching tees. We went down to the Rec. Center, played at the park and then made our way back. Abby and David did an amazing job running and James rode his bike. I carried Abby back, she was asleep by the time we got home and David rode on Mark's shoulders. It was a good time for us all. When we got home the turkey was done so we have speed into action to get all the fixings together. It's almost 3:00 and I've snuck away to make a post just in case our far away family is checking in! We're working hard in the kitchen, whihc we have decided is quite "cozy" for four cooks. Maybe next year will be good to us and we can plan on a bigger kitchen in our future!! I can't wait for the turkey!!!!
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Turkey Trot
a Turkey Trot today. We had planned to race in St. George with the Reeses but when our plans changes we decided to still do the trot with the matching tees. We went down to the Rec. Center, played at the park and then made our way back. Abby and David did an amazing job running and James rode his bike. I carried Abby back, she was asleep by the time we got home and David rode on Mark's shoulders. It was a good time for us all. When we got home the turkey was done so we have speed into action to get all the fixings together. It's almost 3:00 and I've snuck away to make a post just in case our far away family is checking in! We're working hard in the kitchen, whihc we have decided is quite "cozy" for four cooks. Maybe next year will be good to us and we can plan on a bigger kitchen in our future!! I can't wait for the turkey!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Your far off friends are checking in - Looks like a lot of fun! I almost called you, but my family actually agreed to play scum and they loved it and then they wouldn't stop :)
I love the "turkey trot."
But I expected to see some
turkeys or something.
I could picture turkeys running all around
and maybe you guys chasing
them...now that would get
ya go'n.
Laura...we usually do the Turkey Trot every year. We love it, but this year was the first year we missed it. For the first time in a long time we slept in on Thanksgiving morning. I am glad to know that someone's family got exercise before pigging out.
I LOVE it! I knew I could feel some fellow turkeys out there in the world while we were running! I am glad to know that the San Diego leg of the race went on, even with a change of venue!
Post a Comment