Monday, September 17, 2007

Long Time, No Blog

So things have gotten pretty darn crazy around here. The Mendenhalls have taken full advantage of the Parmleys. I actually went back to work last Monday after a five year hiatus. The timing was ideal since Mark's work is slow and we have some extra hands around the house to help out. I am so grateful to Elizabeth and Mark for taking care of the children and house in my absence. Leaving the home to work was not an easy thing to do, but not once did I worry about the childrern's welfare. I knew they were being so well taken care of. Still, I miss them when I am away. This opportunity has been great though since it's given me the chance to get back into the Radiation Therapy world again and brush up my "rusty" skills. I now feel much more confident in my abilities. I am in the float pool for Sharp which gives me lots of flexibility. It's great to know that I can now pick up a day of work here and there whenever there is a need for me to do so. I worked four days last week and then we took a family overnighter trip to Disneyland on Friday. We came home late Friday night and then Mark and I left for our planned weekend getaway in Palm Springs. (Another perk of having the Parms here, they agreed to watch our kids while we went away to celebrate our anniversary.) All in all, the weekend went well. Elizabeth got the brunt of the workload at home since John is busy wrapping up his trial. She's a trooper though and she looked happy to see us when we returned. :)

No comments: