These kiddos got decked out in green for the holiday. No pinching going on with these two!Now, make a silly faceThis time of year always makes us reminisce about our loved ones lost. Nana and Papa both loved this holiday and celebrated with family traditions. We decided to pay them a little visit on this rainy St. Paddy's Day. This picture is of David and Abby looking at headstones, not our family ones. They really do enjoy visiting the cemetery and looking at the different headstones. If it wasn't pouring rain and freezing cold, we probably would have hung around and checked more out. It does seem like it would be a bit depressing, but visiting there does in fact make us feel closer to family. After I remembered how much Mark enjoys the traditions surrounding this holiday,(why do I always seem to forget how much it matters to him until the day of??) I kicked it into high gear and made some fun things to eat. We made the follwing:
1. Green Jello popcorn, which Abby named Skittle Popcorn-it does taste just like green Skittles mixed with popcorn!
2. Rainbow Fruit Platter-this was fun and easy and we ate almost all of it.
3. Corned Beef with Cabbage, Potatoes and Carrots-it's all about tradition right? Not my personal favorite, but it was pretty tasty this year. We even got David and Abby to try it after trimming the meat and dicing it and telling them to pretend they were eating ham.
4. Rolos-doesn't seem like a traditional treat, but it has a gold wrapper!
5. We were going to have Greenie Floats but we were too full. Maybe we'll do that tomorrow night.
All in all, it turned out to be a lovely day. Hopefully we are creating traditions and memories for our children to carry on.

2 comments:
Hey I'm in that pic!
What a fun way to celebrate the day! I hope that my kids will continue to celebrate the holidays the way I have tried to make a tradition through the years. Maybe I go a little overbored celebrating all the holidays and not just the major ones...but I think it's those things that help unite a family and make you feel closer! I haven't ever dared make corned beed and cabbage though...maybe next year!
Post a Comment