Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snow? In California?

For Winter Break, we took a little jaunt out of town to Palm Springs. The kids were so excited at the thoughts of staying in a hotel. I guess it's been quite awhile since they've had that experience so they were really pumped up about it. I can't blame them though, I too was excited at the thoughts of a free breakfast buffet and having maid service for two days. Simple joys.
 
On the way up, we went through Joshua Tree National Forest. It was an unexpected highlight of the trip. We've never been there before and it was a very cool place to check out. There were, of course, tons of Joshua trees to look at and lots of rocks to climb.
 

 
We went on a short hike and look what we discovered! Snow! (Somebody's mother clearly did not anticipate the cold weather.) Pretty bipolar outfit Abby's got going on here!

 

We even had a good, old fashioned snowball fight!
 
Posted by Picasa
That was the last picture I took because I left my camera in the car for the rest of the trip. Ops! We filled the rest of the two days with swimming, eating, tennis playing and more eating. Seriously, the kids would not stop eating. Maybe it was the free food or growth spurts they were feeding, but it was nuts! Very good times!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks like you had a great time. Its the simple things in life, right? ....maid service and someone else making your meals. :)

The Bradley's said...

I'm glad it worked out to go. Looks like you guys had a great time. I could really go for a maid right about now.

Cyndi said...

I keep telling Brent he should get me a maid for my birthday! It wouldn't have to be a permanent thing...Just one good deep clean!

Julia Godfrey said...

Glad you guys had a great time!
It's 70 and beautiful here today!