David's first Poway Charger's football game was this morning. There was football in the air! I love getting ready for the game day. It's so fun to watch these boys all suited up and pumped to play ball. At practice, David has earned the nickname of "The Destroyer". The nickname may have been a little too much pressure to live up to. He just never really got into the game. We're going to chalk it up to first game jitters and hope that the Destroyer shows up next week. Nevertheless, the Chargers prevailed 27-13 (although we don't keep score, yeah right.)
David picked number 15 this season. He was #1 last year and James was #51. He's never said it, but I can't help but think he's giving a nod to his big brother by reversing his old number.
This is by far my favorite part, when the coach pumps the players up. Coach loves this part too, you can tell. Our team has pride and they scream it at the top of their 7 year old lungs.
On a sideline note, the coach gave the fans a grade of C- this game. He says we need more than 30 people on the sidelines. Well, fine! So, if you're in the area, you've got to save the date and come to our October 2nd game at 9am in Rancho Bernardo, where we will beat the Broncos something ugly. You won't want to miss it!!!
We got to cool off after the game at an awesome pool in Poway. The kids loved jumping off these rocks. The view from this house is amazing, see Pomerado Road traveling north in the background?? So cool!
(If your brother told you to jump off a huge rock, would you?? Yes...)

5 comments:
Football and swimming in the same day. Gotta love San Diego! BTW, the Destroyer looks great in his uniform!
How cute! David looks like he is really having fun! I love the pool. Can I order one?
I love game day also! Can't wait for games to start here. Looks like David had fun! Love that they have black pants - beats trying to get out massive grass stains each week.
And oh em gee...that pool is awesome!
wow - I need to get in with the football crowd, that pool looks really fun! btw I heard Ryan Seacrest talking about how much he used to love getting ready for football and thought of david - I'll have to come next week so he can make another touchdown :)
I love the name...destroyer!!! So cool!
Post a Comment