Sunday, May 30, 2010

Long Weekend

I love a long weekend. There's something about no Monday obligations that makes the Sunday so enjoyable. Mark spoke at the Eagle Court of Honor tonight. James joined him. I thought they both looked strikingly handsome so I made them stop and pose.

 

We decided to have a modified camp out at our house tonight. Why bother with packing up and driving somewhere to camp? We've got it all right here in the backyard! Snacks, Foosball, s'mores, crickets, real toilets, etc.
Oakley was trying his mind games on Parker. "you want to feed me that bar, you want to feed me that bar...." Good thing Parker held his ground.

 
I love this picture because it documents the one moment of the evening when they were all just hanging out in the tent reading books. It didn't last too long. Luckily they had options. They roasted marshmallows and watched a movie in the playroom.

 
We call this a late-over, meaning friends stay late, but go home to sleep. I think that's best for all involved parties. So, right now, I'm inside blogging while the rest of the family is all cozy in the tent. Somebody's got to be on house duty, right? (O has opted to stay with me too, the tent was just too much for him!-notice David's stronghold on him) We'll see how long the "camping" lasts. I do have the phone right by me, just in case Mark calls for reinforcements.

 
Posted by Picasa
All snuggled in!

 
In other news....David finally has a loose tooth. We discovered today that his bottom two permanent teeth have started to come in. But, his baby teeth are still there, pretty solidly too. We joked with him that he's going to be like a shark with rows of teeth. I reminded him that when he loses his first tooth he gets a tooth cake and $5. That's about all it took. He's been working on that tooth all day long trying to loosen it. He's very determined to get that sucker out. Soon. Shouldn't be long now, any bets on when it will be out? (I'll share a piece of tooth cake with the closest bettor...)
 

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So fun! I think my kids want to be adopted by the Mendenhalls :)

The Bradley's said...

I'm beting on Tuesday

Heather said...

So fun - this family also loves tent campouts and I always opt to stay inside and guard the house!