I'll never forget the first time I saw her, with her red dress and mop of curly red hair. I was inpsried. I wanted to be on a stage singing like Annie. I saw the movie and was obessed from that moment on. I watched it over and over again. Then there was the glorious day when my Mom got me the Annie record. I remember plasetering my ear against the speaker, listening to the scratchy rendition of "It's a Hard Knock's Life". It was delicious. Last night, I was reminded of my girlhood joy.
James took along his buddy, Zane. (David opted out, lured by the fantastic opportunity to be the only boy at a HSM3 birthday party, go figure)
Abby has definietly caught the Annie bug too. Here she is with her favorite star, Danielle, who slam dunked the role of Grace. We love Danielle!!! The B. boys did an awesome job also. They were right on their characters, so fun to watch!!!
James was thrilled to get his picture with these two beautiful, talented girls. He's not a bit ashamed of being a little star struck.

9 comments:
Oh, I loved Annie too! What fun times.
I remember it well. Watched it over and over, and sang and danced to the different routines in my friend's garage. I thought my voice was amazing, and was convinced that if my mom would have let me try out, I would have definitely been the perfect Annie! I was clearly delusional and awe inspired.
that is so funny - the only part I remember about Annie was the drunk lady that took care of them while she was at the orphanage! looks like a fun time :)
What a fun night! I am just like your little James - always looking for the stars and VERY star struck!
Annie is awesome! I didn't know the B. family was doing it. I would have taken our kidlets too! Isn't it a bit ironic that for Friday flag at school all the kids address Mrs. Keller like they do "the drunk lady" on Annie. Ha!
It's always so much fun when your own kids share in the same things that you loved as a child. I think Hudson and I only share Transformers and Disneyland at this point.
What a fun night. I love Annie, can't help but watch it every time it comes on tv.
My little sister and I were OBSESSED with Annie as well. We watched it so many times we had the whole thing memorized. We used to make my dad play Annie with us all the time. I just bought the movie for her, and she bought it for me. I should have gone with you!
I too had that obsession and have tried to pass it on to my girls! Danielle is soo grown up!
Post a Comment