
We added a new member to our family today. We are so excited to have Oakley in our home! He is a beautiful 100% labrador retriever we were able to adopt from the Labrador and Friends Dog Rescue of San Diego. We owe a huge thanks to April for getting us this dog right away, he already had lots of people interested in him, but she raced to get him for us. He's very loveable and friendly. He's a big boy and he loves to play. The kids are so happy and excited they can barely stand it. We decided on the name Oakley in honor of Nana's home of Oakley, Idaho.

Of course this special occasion called for a trip to Petco. Abby's got this dog's needs all figured out!

We got lots of help from Kim at Petco. I have a feeling we'll be spending lots of time at this place.

And to think, this is just the beginning..........

This was pretty hilarious tonight. Nana and Mark are trying to coax Oakley into his new home, the crate. This training will be a breeze, right?

Welcome Home Oakley!! (Cheese!)
17 comments:
Welcome to your new addition. The kids must be ecstatic!
Oh my... you are one brave woman! my kids keep begging for a puppy and I keep [putting them off and saying not until Parker is in Kindergarten! I'm so busted because that is only a little over a year away!
your kids loom so happy! you'll have to next blog about puppy urine training! Yikes!
He is sooooo cute!!! What a treat to have a new little guy. Congrats!!! Yeah, crate training isn't so fun, but totally worth it!
How fun! What a fantastic addition!
yay for a new pet! dogs are just the best- and once you've got him trained you'll never want to live without him. oh how i loved growing up with dogs!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for your family. Don't tell my kids..they'll be jealous.
I had to run right home and look at the photo of this dog after I talked to you. He's adorable! Advice: dog food is cheaper at Costco.
So sweet...good luck, my kids are begging for a puppy, but Bren and Chad have allergies. At least that's the excuse I have been sticking to. I bet your kids are in Dog Heaven!!
Congratulations!!!! What a beautiful dog!
Wow! I'm shocked!! He is a cutie!
Wow! I'm shocked!! He's a cutie!!
Congrats on entering the wonderful world of dogs. Mark must be coming up in the world, first his other special purchase now a dog. What's next?
You are good parents, as fun as pets are we know who really ends up taking care of them and cleaning up the poop! \"/
Wow...you're brave. At least the kids are just about old enough to be assigned poop pickup duty. :) Can't wait to hear how the crate training is going...
You are a great mom, now the kids have a best friend for life. He looks cute, the kids look happy, can't wait to meet him!
Congrats!
Dogs are such a great thing for kids, I applaud you for being willing to put up with one!
Post a Comment