Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Dog will Never.....

I think we've done alright at this pet adventure so far. "O" is sleeping in his crate faithfully everynight, he's reliving himself in the appropriate spots, he's getting better at walking on a leash and he's jumping up on people habit has been curbed. But, we got hit with the flu bug this week and my resistance was down. Poor Abby is in the thick of it right now. I know exactly how she feels, because I was there 48 hours ago and I'm still wiped out. Oakley has sensed something is up and he climbed into bed with her. They look so peaceful together, how could I disrupt that?
It's that sweet face that gets me everytime. (Both hers and his)

I'm looking forward to V-Day. I've signed up to bring cake to a little celebratory gathering. How does red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting sound? I really want to make cupcakes, but I feel like maybe I should also do another cake too that would appeal to a broader audience. I think there will already be lots of chocolate, so I need suggestions for another cakey item. P.S. It needs to be something I can frost and write on. Hmmmmm.....

11 comments:

ferntyler said...

ah, calling his face sweet - I think you might be starting to like him? hope you guys start feeling better (and we stay feeling better :))

Maren said...

I say do the velevet cupcakes, that sounds really good, I am a total cake person. (I think I'm going for the fruit triffle)

Kim W said...

That is so sweet to see a dog's sense when something is not quite right. Great dog!!! Love the cupcake idea. Another thing has become a family favorite. Check out: http://www.recipegirl.com/2009/01/07/triple-vanilla-bean-bars/ So, so, so yummy! You could do the frosting in a light pink. Have a great time!

Heather said...

I love that picture of your dog! sooo cute!

About desserts, the cupcakes sound really yummy! How can you go wrong with velvet cupcakes?

Browns said...

Well, I have no creative idea for another cakey item...but the link that Kim W left looks divine. I'm going to make them tonight! Have fun at your soirée! And I hope you all start feeling better soon!

lisset said...

mmmm red velvet is my all time favorite. sounds delicious!

plus, dogs are just the best. can't live without mine!

Marianne said...

The cupcakes sound really good! I think you should go for that.

Browns said...

This is so cute! I'm an aprehensive dog owner...not ever wanting one in the house or near me, really. But we rescued a dog from the woods and she has turned out to be the sweetest dog you could ask for. She's so sweet that the family has almost broken me down to get one for inside the house too. (my m-i-l says we have 5 kids...we don't need any more pets. Lol) This picture is priceless.

Annalisa said...

ah! yah, if we had a dog he'd never sleep with the kids, but then geoff tells me stories of their huge boxer sleeping and pouncing on them...and what can a girl do...but doggie slobber is gross, you're brave!

3WimmerBoys said...

Oh poor Abby, at least she has her Oakley to make her feel better. So sorry you were all sick. The cupcakes sound great-oh ya they were!

The Family Rasheed said...

That is a cute pic of Abby and the dog!