
There are some times in life that are just too awesome to miss. Today was one of them. I never envisioned myself wandering around Costco midday sharing a frozen yogurt with my disabled husband traveling in a mobility scooter. I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, it's all up from here. Last night Mark hurt his ankle playing chuch basketball. He's been very good today following the RICE regimen(rest, ice, compression, elevation-for you non-MDs out there). Then I suggested a little fresh air and a trip to Costco. Of course his limping was slowing me down so I double dog dared him to use the Lark. He can't resist a dare. We tooled around the big C in style. I told him I was hoping so badly that we would see someone we knew, and what do you know, not two minutes later we ran into(almost literally) a friend from church. Let me just say, he drove that puppy like an expert. Well, actually, he drove it like a sports car. Funny, that's the same way he drives a minivan. And a sports car.
I so totally love this man. He is my best friend, he makes me laugh and he makes life fun. It really doesn't get much better....
9 comments:
Man, I wish I would have known, Mark and I could race. I haven't been to Costco in like a year!
how cool that he got a legitimate excuse to use one of those bad boys. ryan and i always talk about it, but never quite have the guts :)
costco has been elevated to a new level for me - i won't be able to look at those anymore without thinking of Mark (ok, i'll probably also still think about those REALLY big people that use them, but I'm going to try to block that out)
Crazy photo...looks like he lost his leg below the knee. Glad its only the ankle.
I would have loved to run into you guys!! I hope Mark feels better soon. Thanks for the laugh.
Mark, you should feel no embarrasement by using the Lark. I used it all the time when I was in my final months being pregnant with Jr. and they are way fun. Everytime I go to the store I silently wish I had a good enough reason to use one!
Love the Lark! Mark is awesome!
If you don't know already...I tagged you. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, but I thought I would let you know :D
He looks good on that thing. Maybe he should become the LARK posterboy, "Mark the LARK Man". He could get some tunes on it, maybe like the ice cream man, and drive it through the neighborhoods in RB. He would sell hundreds!
Post a Comment