Sunday, April 27, 2008

Game ON!

I found this new website called Chore Wars that I am convinced is going to change our lives! David is particularly interested in the whole thing. He has entered this phase where he is very focused on having his own space and keeping it in a certain order. It's bordering a little bit on OCD and I'm absolutely encouraging it. Check out his nightstand that he's made for himself. Notice the saline solution on the second shelf. Yep, he's taken over Mark's trial size bottle and he "puts his contacts in" every morning just like Dad. He also now brushes his teeth there and checks his calendar when he gets up. (I wonder where he gets these tendencies from?!)

We're also preparing for Nana's arrival this afternoon. Abby has officially moved into the boy's room. David welcomed her with open arms by organizing her space and allowing her to jump on his bed. Abby seems to really enjoy her new space in the closet. It's like a little nest for her. She loves it when I put the DVD player in there and let her watch. I know, there goes my mother of the year award. What can I say?

8 comments:

Maren said...

I can definitely see why your boys are all over that site! Nothing like encouraging clean and organized behavior! And good eye hygeine. I like the DVD player in bed, nice touch, I will have to remember that one!

diane said...

Maybe I'll see you at Women's Conference. I'm going with my sis.

The Family Rasheed said...

Laura I think you could win Mother of the Year award hands down! You are so great. David is so cute. I love looking at the pics of your kids.

tawnya said...

We love the Larry Boy pjs!

Jen said...

I find nothing wrong with encouraging OCD habits in our kids. So cute that David wants to be like Dad!

Sunshine said...

I just love that David...he cracks me up!

ferntyler said...

Am I the only one a teensy bit concerned about the OCD issues? David is hilarious!

Granny and Grandpa said...

Dave - Your Granny and I really love the way you have organized your "space". You are a great young man.