Sunday, December 2, 2007

Y Fans? The blood runs Red.......




Last night was a blast at the SDSU vs.

BYU football here in San Diego. Clearly, we tried to be true to the Blue, we fully outfitted our kids in the appropriate attire, and Mark and I did wear blue, but as the game went on, I began to have trouble curbing my loyalty to the Aztecs. For the record, I did attend SDSU from 1991-1993 and Mark attended from 1995-1999(he graduated from there, I obviously didn't), but we had our share of years of routing for the Aztecs. To make matters worse, I come from a Uof U bloodline and I did attend my Radiation Therapy program at the U's hospital, so on many levels I felt hypocritical cheering on the Cougars. In reality, I was clearly there for the social aspect of the experience and hopefully I didn't make too many enemies when I wore the SDSU hat for the last half of the game.

The kids had a great time running around and playing with their buddies. James was thrilled that he got his hat signed by Cosmo. (I just learned who that is..)

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

I think the game is even getting funner the longer it has been since I've heard anyone say "mom, i'm hungry". I expect to hear you practicing the Cougar fight song in your free time :) By the way, 30 Rock talking about the "cougars" made me SO glad I didn't buy the "cougars" shirt at the BYU Bookstore :)

3WimmerBoys said...

You have so much to learn!