Monday, December 17, 2007

Bed Buds


Just recently the boys started sharing a bed. James will very politely ask David, every night, if he can sleep in his bed with him. It's pretty funny because David likes to take a minute to pause and think about it, but so far, he has always said yes. Then for some reason, even though it's freezing at night, the boys insist on taking their shirts off. They do pile like 5 blankets and 10 pillows in them bed with them, so I think they are pretty well insulated, everytime I check on them they are warm as toast. I can't help but thinking it's too bad they didn't start this bed sharing back when the Parmleys were here. Would've freed up a real bed for Claire!

3 comments:

ferntyler said...

That is seriously so funny! Maybe that is the equivalent of my kids putting all their large stuffed animals in bed with them? I guess they get their love of sleeping close to someone else from you and Mark (ah, how sweet :))

Maren said...

I like that they sleep without shirts, that way David can always show his massive muscles! It is no wonder Abigail wants to join the fun! That picture will be classic, I have one of my siblings and I all sharing a bed that we get a kick out of, mostly becuase I am laying on top of them both, but still it is great!

Julia Godfrey said...

That photo sure brings back
memories. Both Ross and Matthew slept together on the floor from ages 4-10 yrs. old. We have one picture of them tangled up in a heap of arms, pillows and blankets in the doorway to their bedroom.
Many was the night that I would trip over a sleeping boy that was camped out next to my side of the bed.
Molly is the only one that never did that kind of stuff. I just figured it was a boy thing.