Sunday, October 28, 2012

David's Birthday Cake

 
Posted by Picasa
Boy did I sweat it out on this one! I could not figure out how to get the icons on the cake to look authentic. I was thinking of using fondant to make each of the icons but that would have taken forever, and I did not have the time or patience for that! So, I found rice paper that I printed this image on. I sponged down the fondant top of the cake with a small bit of water and then just lightly pressed the printed rice paper on it. After a few minutes, it absorbed and layed fairly flat. It was definietly not perfect, but it impressed a group on sweaty 10 year old boys so, worked for me! I used Wilton's black fondant to cover the cake. It was fairly easy to work with, but not as tasty as the homemade marshmellow fondant. Since I used regular ink to print on the rice paper, it was not edible, so we peeled the fondant off after we sang and cut the cake.

No comments: