Last week was all about keeping the boys busy with scouts. David was gone to Cub Scout camp every day. He really enjoyed it. It was a totally different experience for him than it was for the 3 years James went. Every morning David was up before me, dressed and ready to go. Laura W. was his leader and his buddy Dallin was in his group too. He especially loved archery and fishing.
Here he is "sitting on an invisible bench" for the closing program. Anyone who has a son that's a scout will see this particular skit more times than one really might care to. I still got a kick out of it, with David's cute style of delivering his lines...
On Friday, James had his first Boy Scout camp out without a parent along. He was very excited and spent most of the day packing and getting every detail right. Mark has always been adamant about the boys wearing the full uniform, I didn't really ever see what the big deal was. But, I've gotta tell you, James looked so sharp in his full uniform ready to go! (He actually looked a little too grown up for my liking.) He offered to say the prayer before they left for camping and he made sure to pray for all the Moms, that we might not worry too much about our boys while they were away. Seriously?! I love this kid!
He has the very best leaders ever! Brother Swain and Brother Ewell are so great with the boys. James told me that they sat around the campfire that night and the men talked to the boys about the Priesthood and it's duties, importance, etc. They got to ask them all kinds of questions. I'm so grateful for these men and the support they give us parents in raising these strong, awesome boys(ahem, almost young men.-Yikes!)

1 comment:
James looks great in his uniform!
Post a Comment