We have lots to be thankful for. We celebrated Thanksgiving in St.George this year. As always, we love spending time there at Granny and Granpa's place. We did all of our favorite things, and more! Swimming at the indoor pool is always a hit. It's so fun to watch the kids really interact with each other. When at home, they spend a lot of their free time playing with friends and neighbors, so when we're away on vacation they really get lots of "quality" sibling time. There are some moments of bliss and many moments of torture! This photo captured James and Abby enjoying each other's company.
There wasn't quite enough snow to justify skiing at Brianhead this time, so the guys opted for horseback riding. The boys practiced saddling up to the pickup truck.
We love hiking around Snow Canyon. This time James showed us the caves he explored last spring with Granny and Granpa. Abby and I were all decked out with our sunglasses. This little girl is a great hiker! (Love the cowboy boots!)
Hellloooooo??!! The guys disappeared for quite some time, making Granny and I slightly nervous. Luckily, they made it out just fine, and packed out some trash along the way. (cub scout "leave no trace" badge-check!)
Abby and I went shopping while the rest of the crew went shooting(whatever). She picked out this dress for Thanksgiving dinner. I have a feeling shopping might become dangerous with her very soon. I absolutely can not resist girl's clothes.
The rascals eating dinner. (Pre-911 dialing fiasco. I have been sworn to secrecy on this one. You'll have to ask me in person if you want details.)
Another great trip comes to an end. Parting is always sad, we love the memories we've made!
A final funny sidenote-the kids like to play musical beds. They have a hard time settling into sleep the first few nights. So, they play musical beds. At least they all fit in one bed still!

7 comments:
pool, horses, caves, hiking, shooting, shopping, and great food....sounds like a great trip!!!
Thanks for the update. I've missed you in blogland.
Abby's boots are worthy of Shoesday. I love that she is a tiny fashionista.
Things are only going to get worse for your wallet with cute little Abby!
Looks like you guys had fun.... and thanks a lot for helping my weight gain this season by telling me about the peppermint yogurt at Golden Spoon - I am going there today!!!
Love all the pics. Looks like you had a great trip! Can't believe you opted out of going shooting...doesn't Mark think a woman with a gun is super sexy?!? LOL. Kidding. Shopping vs. Shooting would be a toss up for me. ;)
Hopefully we can arrange to both be in St. George for turkey day one of these years!!
Unless you've already seen all these people who have commented, I can't believe I'm the only one that wants to know the details of the 911 call. Can't wait to see you now. :)
That is just awesome. My kids are all about musical beds at home. It always puts me in a slight panic when I go to check on one and they are gone.
Abby's pigtails with the sunglasses are adorable!
Post a Comment