Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tackles and Pierces

Another Saturday, another game. James was on Black Defense, starting lineup for the Mighty Titans this week. He was very excited. He got to play a lot and he made some great stops. He had two men on him for almost every play he was in and he stood his ground. But, he was disappointed that he didn't get to sack the quarterback. Then, he was barely edged out in the after game Domino Pizza race, but we are very proud of his efforts. I am no good at action shots, but I did get a good shot of him hanging out with the coaches. Our team played a very hard game and we emerged victorious against Carlsbad. The final score was 28-18.
 
We headed to Pat and Oscar's for lunch at the mall afterwards. I have been thinking about getting Abby's ears pierced and seeing as we were there and Aunt Chris was there for moral support..... well, we just went for it.

 
She was so brave, even after watching the girl(victim) before her throw a tantrum for 20 minutes after getting just one ear pierced. She climbed up in the chair and waited patiently for the two girls to come do the piercing. (We were smart and took the two ears at one time option)

 
She didn't even shed a tear and made a comment that it didn't even hurt! I think she may have felt otherwise, but she totally had her game face on. I'm pretty sure either one of her brothers would have been 100 times more dramatic if they were in the chair. Which, by the way, will NEVER happen, according to both of them! (Thank goodness!)

 
(internal dialogue--I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry....)
Posted by Picasa
 
I know most families have a certian age when they allow their daughters to get their ears pierced. For us, it just seemed like the right time so we did it. I did feel a twinge of sadness when I realized that was a rite of passage that is now over. She is growing so quickly! But, I am loving every minute of watching her grow. She is such a joy! Our reward was a trip to the Disney store and a ride on the carousel. Couldn't ask for much more!!

 
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

diane said...

Brynn got her ears pierced when she was 8...months old. I'm all for it.

She looks so cute.

ferntyler said...

what a fun day. it's amazing how much the kids can take when its for something they really want, no pain, no gain, right? - I love that James has his eye on the prize (getting that quarterback down). i think it's been too long since i've been to the mall - they have a carousel and a disney store?

Heather said...

cute girl of yours - I can't believe she didn't cry - when I took my ten year old to get her eats pierced she definitely had to take a moment if you know what I mean!

Jessica said...

She is so sweet. What a cutie.

tawnya said...

Aw, what a trooper!

Kim W said...

I wish I had seen this before today. I didn't even notice her ear rings when I was flirting with her at church. She is such a cutey! So coy, and fun!

Anonymous said...

Saturday was fun! The game was great - James you played great - as I told you, never hang your head when you give it your all. And Baby Girl - what can I say, you are just the cutest thing in the world - she was SO brave - she didn't even cry. I'm loving being able to spend time with my family and learning more about them every day. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!
Aunt Chris

Julia Godfrey said...

Chris told me about the adventure on Saturday-play by play.
You can just see it in her face on the carosel with Abby-total love!
With I could be there with you too.
Abbys'growing up so fast.
She's ALL girl!
I hope her birthday is memorable this Sat.

jessica said...

They are so cute. I keep trying to get Annie's ears pierced, but they have never had enough staff in the store at the time. I'm all about both ears at the same time. You don't want minds to change and have to leave with just one ear pierced:) Abby looks like she likes them!

Annalisa said...

what a fun day!

yah, i still don't have my ears pierced because i'm a wimp and way too dramatic.