Sunday, October 11, 2009

Whatever, Mr. Referee, that's not the way I saw it....


Yesterday was a great day in Mendenhall Family Football history. David made his first touchdown!! It was so much fun to watch. He got the hand off from Zach and took off running. He made it through a line of defenders, thanks in part to a little "illegal" blocking by his teammates, darted all the way across the field to the end zone. The crowd (ok, mainly me and Mark) went nuts!
Apparently there was a flag thrown somewhere in the back field, but do we really care? No way!
I wish I had a picture, but I'm counting on the team photographer who said he got about about 40 shots of the play. I'll be getting those pictures for the season memory book.
Where does every football stud love to go after a victorious game? You got it, McDonald's. We went over to Mickey D's for lunch after the game. I was able to actually swallow my anxiety and let the kids play in the indoor play structure. Every one had a great time, especially us adults-seeing as we didn't have to eat the food since there was a Subway next door and I ran over there for sandwiches-thank goodness! (Don't worry, we did come home and all take sanitizing baths.)

12 comments:

Maren said...

Yeah HULK!!!! The first of many in a long career I am sure!

The Bradley's said...

Congrats David! This day will go down in history.

ferntyler said...

he totally made a touch down in my book - that look on his face as he came running by was priceless - my throat is a little sore today from excited screaming (ok, I had been yelling at soccer, too, but still) Let me know when I should come to another game, so he can get another one :)

jessica said...

Nice job, David!!

Heather said...

How fun - I am sure that that is something that he will never forget!

3WimmerBoys said...

It was absolutely a touchdown, and don't ever tell Davey otherwise! It was priceless!

Annalisa said...

awesome!

Granny and Grandpa said...

David, you are so awesome. You will be the star of every game because you are fast, handsome and focused on winning. "Hulk" is a perfect name for you.

Love, your granny

Valerie said...

Way to go Davey!!! Soak it all in buddy! So exciting!

Brandy said...

So exciting!! Congrats to him I'm sure there are many more in his future.

The Family Rasheed said...

Oh, congrats David!!!!!

Browns said...

Wow...it has been a month since you have posted. Hope you are all alive and well. ;)