Friday, December 12, 2008

We Seriously Need to Talk!

We went to the Santa's Village in Poway last night for a pow wow with the Clauses. The kids had a lot they needed to talk to Mr. Claus about. Good thing we went, because he was more than willing to sit and listen! Here's the formula for a successful visit:

First, pose for a nice family shot

 

Second, get down to business:

 

(Abby even mustered the courage to speak three words to Santa, "Barbie Diamond Castle! ")

 

For the more brave of heart, next, deliver specific and detailed lists by memory.

 

Finally, end with some discussion about good behavior(profess angelic behavior while trying to keep a straight face) ...

Posted by Picasa

Pat yourself on the back for a job well done and exit quickly for your free parting gift.
 
Posted by Picasa


Thanks Santa!!

13 comments:

Naomi said...

It seems like every time we go to visit Santa, my kids tell him they want something totally different than what they have been telling me for the past two months. I finally stopped taking gifts back to keep it consistent. My kids have gotten used to the disappointment.

Still it is always such a fun part of the season. Such fun pics!

The Bradley's said...

That is so cute. I can just see Abby muttering those words. We'll have to check it out.

Heather said...

How funny we just went there with my sisters and all of our kiddies two nights ago - crowded! but, my kids love going there and I love the hot chocolate! I need to get your address to send you a card!

lisset said...

that is hilarious! i bet they spent a lot of time prepping for that little chat!

ferntyler said...

looks like success! I hope you gave an extensive and detailed list to Santa as well :)

Granny and Grandpa said...

It looks like Mom and Dad had some things to tell Santa also. Enjoy this great time of life with your kids. They are the greatest gift you will ever have.

diane said...

I'm sure your kids have avoided the naughty list this year.

Julia Godfrey said...

The look on Marks'face is
simply "priceless" during
the boys "angelic behavior" part.
I guess there's always room
for innocence

Annalisa said...

how fun. merry christmas.

Browns said...

Gotta love the trips to see Santa. Such good memories. P.S. Love the new shorter haircut. I don't think I've seen another woman that can pull off short hair like you can. Cute, Cute, Cute.

The Family Rasheed said...

good formula!!!

Melanie said...

Who was your great photographer to capture all those wonderful expressions? My kids haven't even asked to go this year, sigh! I guess they're growing up.

3WimmerBoys said...

I love that you are all in the picture with Santa. I only ever get my kids in it, I love the whole family shot. So what did you and Mark ask for? That should be good.