Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just Call Me Mrs.Clause

I tend to get hyper focused on projects and go a little crazy. I decided I wanted to make these pillowcases for my Beehives for my Christmas lesson this week. It seemed like a reasonable task to make 6 of these. Then I got some last minute news that I'd be teaching all the young women and I couldn't figure out how to give the gift to only my Beehives, so I just went ahead and made 5 more. No problem! I think they turned out cute and it went along with my lesson on the Good Shepard.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa

I was able to make 11 pillowcases out of one queen flannel sheet set from Target (on sale for $13!). I loved doing this for my sweet girls!! They are the best!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

And well done you, as they are totally precious.

Heather said...

Oh how cute! I bet your YW loved them - they turned out darling and gotta love a bargain on the queen set at Target!

Marianne said...

We all LOVED them! Thank you Sis. Mendenhall! The pillowcases are so cute. Your lesson was great too!
Marianne

lisset said...

you are such a fun YW leader!

The Family Rasheed said...

So cute! I love the material or rather sheets. You are awesome! I bet the young women will love them!

Sunshine said...

Wow! You are such a great YW leader. I love the ric-rac! Go Martha!

ferntyler said...

You always make a project work!

Melanie said...

Ummm, how many sheets do you think you'd need to make one for each of the Primary kids? I mean you've got a system going. Why stop now?

Kim W said...

How do I always miss your posts. I was just thinking how I've missed chatting with you at church. Those pillow cases are AWESOME! What a great idea. Sunshine and Fraggle monkey are right, you are a fun YW leader!!!

tawnya said...

Oh, Laura. Those are so cute!

Timsalive said...

Hey M & L & kids. I saw Mark on Facebook and chated. Good to talk to you all. Hope the holidays are great. I finally got a blog up. Lots going on Talk to you all after the holidays. I start back up Jan 5th for clinicals at a Nursing home in San Diego That I have been at for a week. University Care Center. Anyways it is all good.

Tim

http://whodiditandwhy.blogspot.com/

smiths5 said...

You're amazing!