I'm a huge advocate of child labor. Ash was a huge help this week in the potato peeling department. We peeled 40 pounds of potatoes in preparation for the upcoming wedding of my nephew, Andrew. Thank goodness Michelle had the brilliant idea of using the apple peeler for peeling the potatoes or else I would still be stuck over the sink. David pitched in too so we had a good assembly line going. We'll see if they are much help with pounding out the chicken breasts when it comes time to prep for the Chicken Marsala.
I nurtured my inner teenager last night at the midnight viewing of Twilight. I can't remember the last time I was out and awake at 2 o'clock in the morning. Oh, yeah, it was the last time we went camping. Anyways, this was infinitely more enjoyable. A great big shout out to Heather for hooking us up. It was a blast!!
Now that we have no Friday night sports obligations, we are free to hang out leisurely as a family. We decided to practice good dining out skills by taking the kids to CPK. Then we walked around the plaza and stopped off at Sports Authority to buy some new basketball shoes for James. It was a really nice evening. You sure can't say we aren't doing our part to stimulate the economy!
Dessert truly is the best part!

7 comments:
Laura - It was so fun to see you guys again tonight!
And...puh=lease go over to my blog, copy my group picture and destroy the one on your blog - I swear I was in mid sentence when that sucker was taken! UGLY!!!
Brilliant idea with the apple peeler. Even better to get the kids to do the work! Wow!!! You guys are crazy to go to the midnight show. Was it good? Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I'm a little jealous. ha! I wanna see the movie before I hear too many critics.
Mmmm. I miss CPK and its close proximity!
I still contend it doesn't count as child labor if you don't pay them,right (although if green m&m's count as payment...)
thanks for taking me with you to the movie - made me feel young again :)
OMG, I can't believe Andrew is old enough to be getting married. I think he was 8 or 9 the last time I saw him. I wish our dining out experience (you can read about it on our blog...nightmare) was as nice as yours.
Should I be hurt that staying up for Twilight is more fun than not sleeping while camping? I am not sure. Everything else sounds great. I love the picture of Mark and Abby sipping their shake, so cute. Glad you had a good week!
what a great week! Cute pic of Mark and Abby!
Post a Comment