My nephew, Andrew, got married last night. He and Nikki exchanged vows at sunset in the gazebo in my parent's back yard. It was a stunningly beautiful night. The weather was perfect and the backyard transformed very nicely ofr the night. Here's a cute picture of my dear sister, Chris and her sweetheart Bill. They both looked fabulous!I love this picture of them, she is so full of emotion! They both sparkled all night.
I got so few pictures, my camera and I are going through an adjustment phase, but this gives a good view of the bride's dress and the gazebo. Luckily the photographer got views from the front!
Here's a glimpse of the groom, just waiting to come out. I got zero hots of the reception setup or the food, but trust me, it turned out good too. Everyone seemed to enjoy the chikcen marsala, it worked great in the crockpots(all 9 of them, thanks if you are one of the ones who lent me yours!). The mashed potatoes reheated well and everything came together in a good time. My two partners in crime, Michelle and Elizabeth, were the best!! I could have never pulled it all off without their help. One funny thing was when the floating centerpiece in the middle of the pool ignited. That was a hoot! Everyone threw glasses and pitchers of water on the flames to put it out. Now that's a good memory for sure. I am so happy with how it all turned out, but don't get any ideas out there. There is no catering business in my future!!

8 comments:
Chicken Marsala...in the crockpot??? Oh...do share the recipe! Seriously. You can email it to me if you want. Your parents yard look beautiful.
Ok - so I will give you a break from the catering business! Caitlin won't be getting married for at least another 10 years! But, it's never too late to start collecting those crockpots!
What a pretty yard!
Aw. Weddings are so pretty! I'm glad things went well!
Thanks for stopping by my Christmas blog! I will get you directions! I just need your email address.
Yes, the bags are great, my daughter loves hers!
we need to find one to do in like 7 years just to keep us fresh so when our kids get married in 15 years we'll still be prepped.. we might not make much money catering but if we could rent the yard AND the catering we might be onto something :)
I was just thinking about your shin dig this weekend and for some reason missed your blog. I'm so glad it went well. I wish you had pictures, I'm sure everything looked perfect! With a team like Liz and Michelle, how can it go wrong? You really do have to share the recipe!
Are you sure you don't want to cater? I've got a gig for you.
Sounds like a great event!
Post a Comment