Monday, June 23, 2008

Take a Dive

So, I'm back after a small hiatus. It's weird how this blogging is beginning to remind me of journal writing. When I used to get behind on my journal writing, I'd just bag it, feel guilty and give up, figuring it would take too much time and writing to catch up on all I'd missed since my last entry. I guess I've been feeling that way about my blog. Oh well, for the sake of maintaining some sort of family history, I'll summarize with a little pictorial of the past weeks.
End of the year parties were mellow, laid back and very fun. Required very little effort on my part. Abstaining from room parent this year proved to be delightfully enjoyable.

David finished his first year of PEPP with Mr. Jones and Mrs. Norris. Big news for us is, PUSD has finally caved and decided to implement full day kindergarten this fall. *imagine me doing cartwheels here* David and I are thrilled with he decision. He's dying to go to school with the big kids all day and I feel he is more than ready. (Here's David breaking through the "Summer's Here!" banner)
I couldn't resist and unleashed all these puppies on the boys when they got home from the last day of school. Then I took out the hose and attacked. It was quite fun. Noone even called CPS on me.
June 14th was the day we celebrated my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Their love story is inspiring. We had a wonderful party with many of their good friends in attendance. Of course, the party was so enjoyable that once it got started, I forgot to take pictures. So, the only pictures I have are of the food tables. Just imagine yourself there having fun with lots of fun, old people. (hee heee)

The food really turned out delicious and the flowers are decorations were just right. We made sure Mom stayed in her room with Dad until the last few minutes before the party started.

It was so much fun for Chris and I to plan and put this party together. It was a night we'll always remember.
The next week involved lots of working (me and Mark) and all kinds of working Mom angst. The final result: I made a bold move and told work I was taking the summer off to be with my kids. Can't get this time back, right? It's a leap of faith, but one that's worth taking. Next project for me: re instituting a daily nap time for myself. (Abby's got this one all figured out).
Here come the lazy days of summer!Summer Reading Club
Primary Olympics Activity


8 comments:

tawnya said...

Yay! You're back!

Julia Godfrey said...

Summer is my favorite time of the year. I took the kids to Point Mallard-a water park for the day last friday. Nothing beats
laying on a lounge chair in
the hot sun watching your
kids play in the wave pool,
while sip'n a soda.
Ah, summer...

The Family Rasheed said...

I just want you to know that DAILY I have been checking your blog waiting for a new post. I convinced myself that you were on vacation somewhere and couldn't get to a computer. I was so excited today to read your blog!!!!

I love seeing all the pictures of your cute family and hearing about your lives. It makes me feel like I am still back in the only place that felt like home for me beside where I grew up.

So, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't leave me stranded again!!!!

The Family Rasheed said...

Ok, now about your post... I love the water balloon and banner thing!!! They have all day kindergarten here and I am so excited about Amaya starting kindergarten this year. I have already done the cartwheels!!!!
How sweet that your parents have been married for 50 years. They must have it all right by now! How inspiring!!!
The pic with Mark and Abby sleeping is SOOOO cute!!!

Annalisa said...

i totally need naps instituted at work and summer reading club is a great idea.

Sunshine said...

Glad you are back! I always love to see what you are up to.

ferntyler said...

you are so good at summarizing - that used to stop me on my journal writing, too :) I love the pictures of your feet and the water balloons - i guess i'm into the looking down shots right now :)
welcome summer!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back. I've been checking every few day to see what you guys are up to. Love ya!