Thursday, February 18, 2010

Orphan

Who is this sad, brilliant child?

 

 
Posted by Picasa
Look closely at the homework assignment David attempted to pass in to his teacher the other day. Good thing I checked his folder. I might have missed an awesome piece of his personal history. Nice try getting out of homework buddy....

(Notice how he's scratched out "Parent's Signature" and pencilled below it, "I have no parents")
So clever.
I wanted to laugh and cry all at the same time.

15 comments:

ferntyler said...

holy cow that is hilarious - I'm laughing and crying, too - but mostly I'm just crying because I'm laughing so hard!

Melanie said...

That is too funny!! My brother once wrote a journal entry at school about how his mother died.

Jessica said...

I couldn't have said it any better than Michelle...."I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard!" Priceless. I guess this is when you say that your kid is too smart for his own good, right?

tawnya said...

Oh, dear! Nice try!

lisset said...

oh my word. he is a clever little bugger! hilarious. seriously.

Heather said...

that is one smart child you've got there! Wonder where he gets it from???

The Bradley's said...

That is hilarious! Better luck next time David.

Holly said...

What did you do to make him want to disown you as parents? this is better than forging a signature, which we've had happen once or twice at our house.

Jen said...

Too funny! So glad you documented this. It will be worth gold later on in his life :D

Anonymous said...

OMGosh!!Why does this not surprise me - you will always have to be on your toes with this one - LOL Love you!

Kim W said...

Wowee!!! That is so clever!!! I never would have thought of that. What a smartie. Sorry about your untimely demise. That must have been quite a shock!!! Too funny.

Browns said...

Oh my gosh! I hope you keep that one with all the colored papers and projects! That is hilarious. (I came across a "hate" note from Drew the other day...written when he was about 9, telling me that I didn't "aperciat him"...we got a good laugh over it.)

p.s. hope this is a sign you'll be blogging a little bit... :)

Shauna said...

That is too funny. I love the picture with his special hat. He told me all about it at Disneyland, how it was special and he didn't want to lose it. He is a great kid.

Valerie said...

I needed a good laugh today, that is hilarious!!

jessica said...

How can you not love that sweet face?!...quite creative if I do say so myself(Good catch and quick thinking on your part).